BOARDING AT HAPPY MAILMAN
Are you looking for a safe, fun, and loving place for your dog while you’re away on vacation or traveling for work? Happy Mailman offers overnight boarding 365 days a year as your dog’s home away from home. Happy Mailman is the perfect place for dogs that love to run, play, socialize, and just be dogs in our unique open play environment. All dogs boarding at Happy Mailman enjoy more than 8 hours of playtime every single day of the year, rather than being confined to small runs most of the day. Our special environment will leave your dog all tuckered out at the end of their stay, so that you can enjoy a calm household when you return from your trip! Unlike traditional kennels, all dogs boarding at Happy Mailman take advantage of our full daycare schedule at no additional charge. All dogs also enjoy a well needed mid-day nap in our climate controlled kennel rooms. We charge by the night so you may pick up in the morning (if you can’t wait to see your buddy) or the afternoon (for one last full day of play) on your pick-up day and there’s no additional charge.BOARDING AT HWY 290 WEST BOARDING AT SOUTH LAMAR
- A free behavior evaluation is required for all new dogs prior to daycare and boarding, which simply consists of a free day of daycare. Please see the new customer link at right for information about enrollment at Happy Mailman.
- Please make sure you or your vet have provided us with updated vaccinations records. We require Rabies, DHLPP and Bordetella (you may need to ask for this one specifically as it’s not a standard vaccination). You may bring the records in with you or have them faxed to (512) 301-2738 (290 West) or (512) 436-0494 (South Lamar).
- Reservations are recommended for daycare to ensure we have room for your dog, and we’ll be happy to put you on a recurring schedule if easier. Please note that daycare may not be available around holidays or during inclement weather. If you have any doubts about availability, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (512) 301-2359 (290 West) or (512) 444-3647 (South Lamar).
- We strongly recommend a morning drop off so that your dogs get plenty of play on that first day of boarding.
- We offer Happy Mailman dogs 4Health grain-free dog food once in the morning and once in the evening. There is a $2 per night charge for use of our dog food, or you can provide your own food at no additional charge.
- We provide bedding at no charge, or you may bring bedding for your dog. You are welcome to bring toys for your dog to play with during nap time and overnight, but we do not introduce toys to the playgroups for safety reasons. We also have plenty of bowls, so there’s no need to bring them unless your dog has a specific feeding requirement. PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING CLEARLY AND PERMANENTLY.
- We are happy to administer medications as well at no additional charge. If you have concerns about your dog’s health or medication requirements, please contact us prior to your reservation.
Happy Mailman provides office hours for our customers seven days a week (with the exception of certain holidays). Boarding customers may pick up and drop off during either the morning or afternoon hours. Special arrangements may be available upon request, but please note we have nap time every day from 12pm-3pm at our Highway 290 location and from 12pm-2pm at our South Lamar location, during which no drop offs or pick ups are available.